- NEO Surveyor Investigation Team Member leading the NEO Surveyor Simulator (NSS) and Reference Small Body Population Model (RSBPM) Development Teams. Survey Working Group Lead.
- NEOWISE Science Team Member.
- Senior Staff Scientist, Lunar and Planetary Laboratory, University of Arizona (2019 – Current)
- Lead for the NEO Surveyor (NEOS) Investigation Software Suite (NISS) development team.
- Lead of the NEOS Survey Working Group and member of the mission Investigation Team.
- Senior Scientist, Planetary Science Institute (2011 – 2019)
- Associate Research Scientist, Johns Hopkins University (2008-2011)
- Visiting Scientist, Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics (2006-2008)
- Junior Scientist, University of Hawaii (2004-2008)
- Pre-Doctoral Fellow, Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics (2001-2004)
- Doctor Scientiarum (Ph.D, 2004), Astronomy – Celestial Mechanics, University of Oslo, Norway.
- Master of Science (M.Sc, 2001), Astronomy – Celestial Mechanics, University of Oslo, Norway.
- Candidate Scentiarum (B.Sc, 2000), University of Oslo, Norway. Major in Astronomy.
Honors and Awards
- NASA Group Achievement Award – NEOWISE Team (2012).
- Asteroid (12309) named Tommygrav (2006).
- Planetary Defense Lead of NASA’s Small Bodies Assessment Group (SBAG) Steering Committee (2014-2016)
- Participated in NASA and NSF science review panels (2011-2015)
- Reviewer for Astrophysical Journal (ApJ), Astronomical Journal (AJ), Icarus, Publications of the Astronomical Society of the Pacific (PASP), and Planetary and Space Science (P&SS).